On August 1, 2022, I challenged myself to stay off Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for 30 days. I had many reasons for doing this which included feeling frazzled (it is summer and I am not teaching-I shouldn’t feel frazzled), feeling un productive, and probably the worst one-I felt like I couldn’t keep up (no matter how much I scrolled or read, there was always more!)
So, I stopped.
If you have been following this blog for a little while, you know that I believe in tiny little steps to get you toward your goal. However, sometimes you need a “burst” to get you farther ahead. A 30 day fast of social media is one of those “bursts.” So here are some of the results after 9 full days-today is day 10.
- The days feel calmer and slower.
- I have read 5 books already (2 were audio in the car but still).
- I miss it a little.
- I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would.
- It makes me sad to think of all the time I had been wasting.
- I wonder if any of my friends have noticed.
- Yesterday was a stressful day and I just wanted to scroll Facebook to make myself feel better (I didn’t but it was a weird feeling of needing/wanting something to distract myself from the day I was having)
- I am safer on the road because I am not checking my phone.
- I definitely stay out of “the drama” of the lives of others.
- I am not exposed to so many ads and the desire to buy stuff.
- I woke up one night and read a book instead of Facebook-fell right back to sleep.
- I am curious how the next 10 days will go.
I am a third of a way through this challenge, and so far, am really happy with the results. I don’t know if I will stay off it after one month. I don’t know how the next 10 days will go, but I will take notes and keep you posted. I am still in the clutches of my “no potato chip” challenge and I am also not really eating sugar. All of these things seem to be improving my life so I will stick with them.
To my 87 followers-THANK YOU! Happy Wednesday!